ACNE SCAR REMOVAL
Active breakouts are frustrating enough, but the scars acne can leave behind can feel downright diabolical. The good news is that acne scars can be treated.
Scars are formed when a breakout penetrates the skin deeply and damages the tissues beneath it.
Before you try to treat your scars, it’s important to know what type they are. Each type responds to treatment differently, and some treatments are better for particular types than others.
Sublative Rejuvenation is an advanced treatment that uses bipolar radiofrequency for the treatment of scars, wrinkles and for improving overall skin texture. Sublative rejuvenation combats acne scarring by stimulating collagen and elastin production beneath the skin, without disturbing the outer top layer. As a result, the increased collagen and elastin helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars and wrinkles, and as the top layer of your skin isn’t affected, there is minimal downtime and irritation.
Before and Afters
Treatment of Ice Pick Scars
4 Weeks Post
4 Monthly Treatments
Treatment of Depressed Acne Scars
4 Weeks Post
3 Monthly Treatments
Treatment of Rolling Scars
6 Weeks Post
3 Monthly Treatments
Sublative Rejuvenation for acne scars is a very straight forward procedure and can be preformed on all skin colours. There are 3 different programs with varying depths of radio frequency to treat a number of different indications. For scars, the treatment is deeper as scars typically run deep.
Acne Scar Removal Treatment
1) Arrive with clean skin and no makeup.
2) Numbing cream will be applied for 30-45min to the targeted area.
3) The laser will emit a quick pulse of heat and the medical esthetician will continue to pulse until the area has been covered.
4) After the treatment your face will feel like it has a slight sunburn and it will be red.
5) Ibuprofen can be taken and a reparative gel will be applied.
6) Redness will fade within hours of having the treatment.
7) Day 1 after treatment keep face moisturized. Redness will be slight if any.
8) Dark matrix dots will be visible on the treatment area from the tip of the laser. They will be there for the next couple of days. Do not pick or exfoliate.
9) Results can be seen immediately however final results will appear 2 - 3 months after. Depending on the depth and type of scar a series of treatments will be recommended.
**FOR BEST RESULTS A SERIES OF 3-6 TREATMENTS ARE SUGGESTED. Call for a free consultation 416.312.3966. We are currently booking clients for spring treatments.
Heather has been amazing and I look forward to my home treatments every month. She even accommodated myself and my girlfriend at the same time when we were having a girls sleepover. Heather's technique is excellent and pricing is fair. My face always feel wonderful afterwards and I would recommend her to anyone!
Laser Hair Removal
I had laser hair removal treatments done at Quiet Waters Medical Esthetics and couldn't be happier! Heather makes the entire experience painless and comfortable. Definitely recommend this spa!
Sublative Skin Resurfacing
I highly recommend Heather as an esthetician for any skincare concerns you may have. Of my numerous appointments, all have been highly enjoyable with truly exceptional results. I'm am so happy with the service I always receive . The atmosphere is elegant and really quite zen which makes for highly satisfying experience. I really recommend Heather!